STORIES by TOPIC
Discover the stories that relate to the areas you want to know more about.
- Duke has taken a broad approach to opioid safety. This has included developing guidelines and tools. The next step involves reaching out to our clinicians.
- The E.C.H.O Program helped reduce the overuse of the emergency department (ED) as a primary care provider (PCP) by uninsured and underinsured patients.
- We utilized LEAN performance improvement tools to analyze readmissions and implement improvements to reduce readmissions.
- Following a patient death several days after discharge to home, HealthSouth Valley of the Sun partnered with a local pharmacy to deliver high-risk medications to patients' bedsides before discharge.
- By: Amy Seng | September 3, 2015
- By: Amy Seng | August 11, 2015
- UCSF sends partner SNFs an email with patient-specific concerns and contact information when transferring patients to them.
- UCSF recommends that care teams start goals of care conversations after three readmissions to explore alternatives to hospitalization.
- UCSF’s care transitions team uses patient stories to help the medical team connect emotionally with their program and patients
- At El Camino Hospital, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians play a key role in medication reconciliation and education.