STORIES by TOPIC
Discover the stories that relate to the areas you want to know more about.
- Marin General created a med rec tech position to collect accurate home medication lists upon admission.
- SF General uses motivational interviewing to help patients identify their goals and take an active part in managing their health.
- St. Mary’s developed and maintains ongoing relationships with outpatient providers to quickly address any issues that arise.
- Chinese Hospital incorporates follow up appointments in official discharge instructions to help patients and their doctors take them seriously.
- SF General sends a letter to outpatient clinics when their patients are readmitted, and shares risk factors they’ve discovered for that patient.
- SF General increased their enrollment by making the program a built-in part of the patient’s care plan that they can opt out of if they want.
- Marin General uses a mobile app, Carebook, to keep the entire patient care team up to date.
- Mills Peninsula’s discharge pharmacist meets with high-risk patients before discharge to review their home medication plan.By: Yvonne Chan | June 5, 2015 |Topics: Identifying causes of readmission
- El Camino Hospital continually reviews their readmissions data to identify which patients to focus on.
- Chinese hospital determined when to make follow up calls based on their readmissions data and best practices found in the literature.