STORIES by TOPIC
Discover the stories that relate to the areas you want to know more about.
- St. Rose keeps patients excited and positive by encouraging and celebrating small triumphs and changes in behavior.
- St. Rose offers support groups for patients to learn from and motivate each other after discharge.
- St. Rose created a non-clinical transitional care team to supplement the clinical care that nurses and physicians provide.
- El Camino Hospital transitions team has weekly meetings with executives and other staff to keep everyone aligned and committed to the program.
- VA Palo Alto uses a large calendar to visually track readmissions, find patterns, and adjust their program as needed.
- VA Palo Alto motivated team members by formalizing their roles and regularly recognizing their achievements.
- VA Palo Alto created a truly multidisciplinary team by putting people in charge of roles outside their areas of expertise
- SF General reserves judgment when coaching patients to help foster open, trusting relationships.
- Patients at St. Rose receive follow up calls from the same patient advocates that they meet in the hospital.
- Anyone on Peninsula Circle of Care transitions team can write concerns and suggest solutions on a public board that’s reviewed every other week.